MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 11 September 2012

WEDDING CAKE BOX

Hello and good morning to all my craft loving friends and 
visitors.
Well it's Tuesday I hope everyone had a fab Monday and
you all had lovely weather.
I know it was raining in South Wales when telephoned my 
Dad yesterday morning.
THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely
comments.
I really do appreciate every one.
I don't know if I have mentioned that I help run a Tuesday
Afternoon Ladies Club.
Nearly all my ladies that attend are widows, and they love
to just get out of their houses for a cuppa and a chat.
Today we thought we would have a Teddy Bears Picnic.
We are all taking a picnic and our favourite Teddy.
We all have to name our Teddy if it doesn't have one and 
then we will do a little guessing game to see who owns 
which Teddy with that particular name.
We are also having a pass the parcel game which has questions
in it about famous Teddy Bears.
There is a little bar of chocolate with each question and the 
final layer will have a lovely Teddy Bear for the winner.
So I was thinking, I know some might say that's bad for you. lol.
Have you got a Teddy Bear you love and whats it's name.
I would be delighted to read about yours.
Mine is called curly because he has curly fur instead of 
straight fur.
Right I have waffled on enough, today I thought I would show
you what I have been working on this weekend.

 and here is a close up of the inside.
Those of you that know my work from Lindyloos blog know
I made one of these very similar for my granddaughters 
wedding in July.
This one is slightly different.
Any one who wants to look at the first one can go to
Robyn's Fetish  Challenge on my archive
if they want to compare them.
The ingredients for this is.
3D crafting Keepsake kit.
I have added some lovely lace that looks like icing to the 
cake in the box and some flower sequins from my stash.
also some pearly hearts too.
I hope you like it.
Thank you again for visiting and leaving your comments.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.
I would like to enter this into 
Heck of a challenge. Anything Goes

11 comments:

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, this is absolutely stunning, you are so creative. The lace looks exactly like it's been iced, just beautiful.
Your Tuesday Club sounds like so much fun and I am sure your ladies are going to have a great time this afternoon and how kind of you to give of your time. Yes I have a teddy bear and his name is Oscar, don't know why but it just suited him. My daughter bought him for me some years ago as I said I didn't have one and he is so soft and cuddly and has a little green waistcoat and a blue scarf he's adorable.
Enjoy your Tuesday, crafty hugs Christine H xx

Christine Harrop said...

Gosh Jenny, that lacy icing looks so real! Of the two, this is my favourite! I have a collection of toys dressed as nurses - amongst them a mouse and two teddies. The last one is very special - she was bought for me by brother in the hospital shop when my mum was very ill. I gave her my mum's name - Sarah. We had a teddy bears picnic at work once for Children in Need - my teddy was put in charge because I was told nurses are always bossy!! How very dare they! Enjoy your afternoon with your ladies. Love from Christine x

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Jenny. This is amazing.
I love the design and your attention to detail is wonderful

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Wow! oh! Wow! what a stunning creation, I love it.
Hope you got your envelope I left it for Hubby to post.
Have been looking in each day on my sisters iPad, I have been watching....
You have made some fantastic projects while I have been enjoying the sunshine.

Patricia

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, WOW this is stunning, I thought it was Keepsake, as I saw something similar at one of the shows on their stall. You have done it proud, it is gorgeous. What a lovely idea having a Teddy Bear's Picnic with your ladies, they will enjoy that, we have a Teddy Bear's Picnic complete service once a year at our Church, where everyone brings their teddy and they all get a blessing, the 'small kids' and the 'big kids' absolutely love it.
Thank you, Jenny, for answering my query about 8x8 cards, greatly appreciated. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Just beautiful.

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - I love this box - you have decorated it so beautifully and that lace is gorgeous. I love those little sequins as well.

I wish you hadn't asked about teddies 'cos I feel honour bound to answer truthfully - I collected them up until about 4 years ago - I have around 250 of them ............. I have two special ones though, they are called Fenton and Henry. I do feel better now I have admitted that - ROFL. ooh I still have my Sooty that I had about 58 years ago!!! He's a bith moth-eaten but I won't get rid of him. Now I'm laughing at myself again!

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

This is wonderful Jenny. I adore the swags on the cake and the corner embellies really set it off. They are fabulous gifts for someone special.
You are right about the rain, it rained yesterday here in South Wales but today is sunny and bright, a little chilly at times though.
Hope its good where you are. Love Linda xx

Oksana said...

This is wonderful and so intricate. It must have taken some time, but worth it!xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is gorgeous .. i love anything 3D and this is so pretty. A wonderful keepsake
Thanks for joining us at heck of a challenge this week
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oh my - wow- this is STUNNING!!!!!!! thanks for joining us with our 1st challenge at 'a heck of a challenge xx'