MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 25 September 2012

TWINCHES CHALLENGE CARD

Hi and good morning to all my talented followers and visitors.
I hope you had  a wonderful Monday, and that you managed
to get some crafting slotted in somewhere in the day.
THANK YOU for all your recent comments, and for sparing
the time from your busy lives to visit me.
My card today is an idea I got while I was blog hoping.
I visited Sue Ps blog and she enters the Twinches Challenge.
I liked her entry so much I decided to have a go myself,
so hear is my humble effort.
For any one who wants to join in here is the link.
http://twinchie-twinchiehotmaillive.blogspot.co.uk/ 

                 
                         Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.

I started with a piece of card made into a 2inch square card.
Then I watered down some PVA glue and painted it on my 
card, I then added some pink tissue paper with pink metalic
butterflies on it, I dried this with a heat gun and did the same
thing all over again.
I added some blue mica powder this time and more glue and
dried it again.
I then stamped my image and coloured it in with Promarkers.
I added some glitter glue and some little embellishments from
my stash.
I hope you like my effort.
I'm not at all sure about it. 
So what do you think.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, WOW, a lot of effort in creating this but I bet you felt it was worth it. It is absolutely gorgeous, you are very talented. Maybe I will reach your standard eventually. Have a great day.

Wilma

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Ditto from Wilma above, this is absolutely stunning, a lot of work but well, well, worth it. The colours you have used are fantastic.
I can't understand why C&C have cut out Sue and Creative Expressions from the Spellbinders POTD tomorrow, to me Sue is the Queen of Spellbinders.
The rain is still coming down here in Cheshire, that's 2 days on the run now, yuck !!!!!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful. The colours are gorgeous.

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,
Well!!! this is very different, very beautiful for something so small. The colours are so vibrant. You are very creative, I steer away from the MESSY!!! stuff but might just have to have a wee think on that.
Have a great day I hope your weather is a bit better today ours is shocking.

Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Jenny. I love the colours and all that texture too.

Hugs Sue

Christine Harrop said...

A late start fro me today but I wanted to get my card finished and onto the blog first but now I am free to wander blogland. I agree that this seems to be a lot of work for something so small but you do this sort of thing so well Jenny!! It's great! love from Christine x

Zoe said...

Wow! A lot of work gone into this twinchie, it's very pretty, loving the colours, right up my street, thank you for joining in our challenge, good luck Hun xx Zoe DT xxx

Carole Z said...

Super Jenny, lots of work and it's really paid off...love the texture, Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

Now you've done it Jenny! You will be hooked believe me! These are quite satisfying aren't they? Congratulations on joining in and good luck with the challenge. Lovely colours and great techniques.

Hugs Sue P xxx

Christine Hussey said...

Well done Jenny this little creation is beautiful. Lovely colour combination you are so creative. I can see what Sue P means when she says you will be hooked. Good luck with the challenge. Hope you have had a lovely Tuesday, love Christine H xx

Kate M said...

What a fabulous Twinchie! This is awesome - love it!!
Kate
xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
This is gorgeous I love all the colour work and the layering of the flower is lovely. Congrats on your first Twinchie. Linda x

Linda said...

Wow! All this on 2x2 - well done you. Love the stamped image and the colours are fab. Great first twinchie. xx