MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 1 September 2012

TEA AND CAKE CHALLENGE


Hi and good morning to all my lovely blog friends.
THANK YOU for your lovely comments yesterday, especially
the wonderful ones on my sister's jewellery making skills.
I know she is very pleased with them so thank you on her behalf.
Well it's Saturday again, and hasn't this week gone by very quick.
Or is it just me slowing down because of my age. lol.
My card today is one I made yesterday for the Tea and Cake 
Challenge at The Emergency Crafters.



The card is an 8x8 matted and layered with aubergine card stock,
and some glitter paper I bought from C and C quite a few years ago. The check and the stripe paper were a freebie with a card
making magazine. I put some thick purple ribbon with lace on top
in the centre. The lace has holes in the centre so I threaded another
slightly different colour narrow ribbon through it. The Birthday
Cake digi image is from The Scrapbook Society. The tea cup digi
image is a freebie off the internet. They are both coloured in with 
Promarkers, then I glittered round the images with glitter glue.
Then I put glue and crystal glitter on the flowers and candles.
I made a little flower arrangement with cherry blossoms from
WOC and some from my stash. I added a lacy bow and some flat back flower pearls from my stash also, and oh I nearly forgot the 
design round the oval image is the centre of the Spellbinders Ornate Cross, cut in half and glued to the back to give it a pretty
frame.
I hope you like my entry and thank you for visiting me again.
Have a great crafty Bank Holiday weekend everyone,
Lots of crafty love. Jenny Lawrence.




Here is a view of part of the inside.

8 comments:

melanie said...

What a great card and good look in with challenge, Love what you have done with the cross .Melanie

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Love today`s card, your lacy bow and flowers are wonderful, everything is just beautiful
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, very clever use of the ornate cross. And the teacup is really pretty. Good luck with the challenge!Love from Christine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the image and the framing looks so pretty. The colours and details you have added are all so beautiful.
I hope you have a great weekend
Sue

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
You have been busy bee lately with all your glorious cards. This is so cheerful and will put a smile on the recipients face for sure.
Have a great day. Hugs Linds

Christine Hussey said...

This is lovely Jenny, such a cute image and such a good way to use the ornate cross as a frame. Love the tea cup. Well done you and good luck with the challenge. Love Christine H xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny thought I would join you to see what you are up to next , this card is fabulous ,what a delightful image and you have finished your card off beautifully well done Big Hugs Elaine

Planetsusie said...

How lovely is this Jenny - such pretty colours and images. I wish you loads of luck in the challenge.

Hugs Sue P xxx

PS Love the little face on the cake - made me smile!