MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 3 September 2012

70th BIRTHDAY CARD AND BOX

Hi and good morning to all my blog friends and visitors.
It's Monday morning and the start of a new week.
I hope each and everyone of you had lovely weather over 
the weekend.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments on my 
creations.
I love to read each one, and appreciate all your precious
time taken to visit me, and make a comment.
My card today is a card and a box I made for a friends
70th Birthday.


Those of you who know my work by now will know I like
to decorate my box to go with the card.


The ingredients for this is.
I made a grey 8x8 card out of 2 A4 pieces of card.
I didn't have the right colour  pattered pearlised card so I
inked a cream one with a mixture of pigment inks I had.
This came out a lovely shade of peach.
I cut out an aperture with the Spellbinders Grand Scolloped
Oval.
Then I cut a smaller one and glued it with sticky pads.
I made a 70 on my Cricut machine, and I also made my
roses with different size flowers off the george basic
cartridge. Glued the edges and dipped them in glitter.
I cut some Spellbinders Parisian Accents and put two
colour ribbons between. 
I didn't have the right colour ribbons so you've guessed
it I died them with a combination of distress ink and 
pigment inks.
Cautionary tale wear gloves for the grey.
I added some peach flat backed pearls to the edges of 
the scollops.
The Butterfly was made out of Spellbinders Fanciful Flight
die.
The box was made in a similar way but I din't have any
more of the patterned card.
I used a Martha Stewart Punch for round the edges of the 
top of the box. This was the large Daisy Punch I think
you can just see part of it.
Well thats all for today folks. 
I hope you like it.
Not sure about the peel offs on the 70 of the card.
What do you think.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

6 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, Beautiful card and box. The combination of peach and grey is really good. It certainly pays to try mixing your colours to come up with the right shade for you doesn't it? Have a good day. Love from Christine x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card and box is stunning, I love the colours together, they are so complementary, the flowers are absolutely stunning. I know your friend will cherish this card. I have to make a 70th birthday card for a male member at Church, which is not as easy as a female, I'm waiting for the set of Vintage Cars Stamps and am going to try the 'out of the box' technique that Sue and Julia use. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rita said...

Wow Jenny, what a wonderful gift. Your card is stunning and I'm so envious of you having a cricut too. It certainly made a wonderful job of the numbers. The colours are really pretty. Have a nice day. Rita xx

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, another stunning masterpiece, your artistic skills just shine through. Beautiful colour combo and such a lot of work involved. A fantastic gift. Have a lovely day, love Christine H xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny! Tea break at work so thought I'd catch up with my blog pals! Love this card and box, absoloutely stunning, gorgeous colour you've created too..I've just been using this butterfly (my favourite) on a 40 anniversary card! Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

I do love the colour you created for your card Jenny - what a gorgeous shade of peach. Your card is beautiful as usual and I love the dies you have used. It is a lovely design.

I also think it is important to have some decoration on the box - it makes the card more special for the recipient.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx