MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 23 September 2012

ELLIE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and good morning to all my talented followers and visitors. 
Well it's Sunday, and I know it can be quite a busy day for
most of us.
So to have you visit my blog and leave a comment is 
very much appreciated.
THANK YOU for all the lovely comments made so far on
my humble creations.
I love to visit your blogs, and look at your lovely creations
too.
We all inspire each other and that's how it should be, one big
happy crafting family.
My card today is one I made for my great granddaughter's 
first Birthday.
She loves the Octonauts so I came up with this idea.
I hope you like it.
Just a word of caution you can not sell anything with this 
type of thing on it, because of copyright, but you can do
this type of thing if you are just giving it to your family.


This card was made out an A3 pieces of card made into a A4
card.
Matted and layered with pink, holographic, and turquoise card
I downloaded a picture off the internet.
I added a Happy Birthday and her name and age with my
Cricut Machine.
I then made it look as if it was underwater with glitter glue
and glossy accents for the water droplets.

Now I would like to show you a beautiful Begonia that
I had in my garden this year.
I grew this form a tuba.


I think it is a wonderful flower so I thought you too might like 
to see it.
Thank you again for your precious time spent visiting my
blog.
Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning from a very "Frosty" Scotland.
Your card is so sweet, it is great to send something that you know they are into. Happy 1st Birthday to Ellie.
Thomas has a wee garden here and has some Begonias growing, well they were yesterday, I hope the frost has not got them. He had these last year, kept them cozy in the garage over last winter and grew them again this year.
Have Great Day

Patricia

Christine Harrop said...

She's going to love this Jenny. Happy birthday Ellie. That begonia is a lovely colour. I grow these, and teh summer bedding begonias because they are very drought friendly, and with our water problems they are ideal. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Christine x

Sue said...

Such a brilliant card Jenny. I love the design and the wonderful colours. The glitter and glossy accents look so effective
Your begonia looks fantastic!
Have a good day!
Hugs Sue

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this 'cheeky' card, it is so cute. I also have to say, didn't get time yesterday with going for the train so early, but your card yesterday, as always, was stunning, you have really got the 'knack' with the bows, and I love the 'petticoat type' border at the bottom, so beautiful.
I haven't recovered yet from yesterday at Ally Pally, but it was grrrreeeeaaaaatttt as the tiger used to say ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card. She is going to love this. The colours are really lovely. Gorgeous flower - my begonias got blown to pieces this year.

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, sorry I didn't get to you yesterday but have looked this morning and your Parisian Border Card is another gorgeous creation from you, lovely soft pink colour.
Today's card is wonderful and I too wish Ellie a happy first birthday, she is going to love her card. My grandson is a fan of the Octonauts and this has given me food for thought for his birthday in December when he will be four.
Your begonia is beautiful and I too have grown them this year and they have been a picture. Like Christine have grown the bedding begonias and they have certainly been worth the money giving months of colour to the garden and they are still flowering.
Have a lovely Sunday, love Christine H xx

Planetsusie said...

Cor Jenny I certainly live and learn with your blog!!! As a non-grandmother I had never heard of the Octonauts, let along seen them. Think I might have to become a fan!!! Seriously (well for me anyway) I love the fact that you searched the internet for the picture then added your bits and pieces to make it just for Ellie. Love the watery bits as well! This is going to be a favourite, I can tell.

As for your begonia - this is gorgeous both flower and photograph. The petals are just like frilly crepe paper. Graham (the other half) is well impressed - he was a qualified gardener in a previous profession/life!!! Mind you until he retired the garden was a bit like the cobblers children (they went barefoot!!!) now it's got wild bits for the wildlife, a pond for the newts/dragonflies/frogs, buddleia for the butterflies/bees etc - sorry I am now waffling!

Hugs Sue P xxx - mouth fully zipped!

Craftyhugs said...

What a bright and colourful card. I'm sure your granddaughter loved it. I've never heard of it but I think it's adorable . That flower is omg just beautiful! Hope you've had a good day. Hugs sharon xxxx