MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

WHITE ENGAGEMENT CARD

Hello and good morning to all my followers and visitors.
Well we are half way through the week now.
Can you believe it is Wednesday already.
THANK YOU for visiting my blog and taking the time
to leave me a comment.
I really do appreciate everyone that is made. 
You are soooooooo kind.
Before I show my card today I would like to tell you a 
little thing my great granddaughter said the other day.
My daughter and granddaughter just arrived to have a 
meal with us. They also brought my 2 little great 
granddaughters with them one is just 1year old and the 
other is 3 years old.
The 3 year old came in and saw we had moved the 
dinning table to eat our meal.
She then said whats going on here then.
Well we all really started to laugh as it sounded so 
funny.
Nothing gets past our little Faye she is a treasure, if 
you know what I mean.
Now to my card. 


The ingredients for this card is.
An 8x8 size card this one was made out of A3 Centura Snow
Pearl card.
Matted with silver mirri card.
Then I embossed some more snow white card with
Spellbinders Enchanted M-Bossability folder.
Moving it to line up the design.
I cut out 5 of the largest Spellbinders Labels Twenty Four.
Then I cut out the 3rd size out of the middle of each.
I then cut out 4 of the 3rd size, and cut the inside of these
with the 2nd size. 
This gave me 9 of the labels 24 frames.
I then layered them with mounting foam to make up this
pattern.
I then added the size 2 of the labels to the centre and a
Parisian motif to the centre of that.
The corners were made with the sizes 2 and 3 cut in half.
I finished it off with a triple bow and a few bits from my
stash.
Cautionary tale if you use Cosmic Pearly PVA glue on
pearlised card the dots go flat as this one did.
So therefore it would have looked better with flat back 
pearls, but what do you think.
I decided to show this card even with imperfections
as I thought the design was worth you having a go at.
I hope you like it.
Well thats all for now folks.
I hope you can understand my babble.
I hope you all have a very wonderful crafty Wednesday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

10 comments:

melanie said...

What a beautiful card ,I have found that with the pva glue its a shame this happens ,Melanie

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, I love all the wonderful layers and textures. Your beautiful bow finishes it off perfectly.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. I love white on white - it's so elegant.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this card, the white on white is my favourite, I love all the die-cuts, especially the four corners, you have made them look like a 'grande' die-cut, truly inspirational. The bow is gorgeous. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is stunning so love the colours you have chosen looks so posh, huggles Pops x x x

Oksana said...

Beautiful, elegant card Jenny!x

Carole Z said...

Afternoon Jenny, what a beautiful card, you have put so much work into this and all well worth it! Carole Z X

Christine Hussey said...

A beautiful and cleverly designed card Jenny and that bow is gorgeous. Know what you mean about the PVA pearl dots on pearlised card its happened to me so it will be flat backed pearls in the future. Sorry to hear yesterday that your brother in law is not so good, I hope things improve quickly. Hope you've had a good day and enjoy your evening, love Christine H xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

This is beautiful Jenny. You have put so much work into this and it was worth it, its amazing.
Big hugs Linda xx

Planetsusie said...

This is absolutely superb Jenny - just love everything about it. Cards with a hint of colour are really gorgeous.

Lots of luck in the challenge.

Hugs Sue P xxx