MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 1 September 2012

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD and BLOG CANDY

BLOG CANDY
Hi and good Monday morning to all of you.
May I say a big hello to my new followers, and a big
THANK YOU, To those of you who have given your precious
time to visit my blog over the past week. Your lovely comments
on my work has made me soooooooo happy.
Now to the BLOG CANDY. I have 12 followers now. I know
it says 13, but I put my name on there when you lovely followers
said there was a problem last week, and basically I don't know
how to remove it. I will learn though, I'm sure.
Well I was thinking that when my followers reaches 30 I would
have a draw for the Candy, that is pictured along side.

Now to today's card it's my first Christmas Card of this year. A little different for me but then I like to
try new ideas every now and then. The colours are different too. It will be interesting to hear what you
have to say about it.
Here is the inside of the card.
The card is my usual 8x8 matted with pink and blue card stock. The lace is from you know where by now. The image is from Pink Gems digi images and oh my new watermark is from there too. I coloured
it in with Spectrum Noir pens. A white pen to make the dots on her headdress. Flowers from WOC
and my stash. Flat back pearls from my stash also. The metal corners, and the star pearls I inherited
from my Aunty Pat. I recycled some Spellbinders cut outs left over pieces from the Parisian Dies
round the image, and oh I nearly forgot the sunshine and smiles tag is also a digi image from
Pink Gems site, mounted on a Spellbinders Lacy Cirle die, one on top of the other off set.
I think I might enter this in the pink Gems challenge as the theme is animals or bears.
I hope you like it and thank you again for your precious time.

8 comments:

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hello and good morning Jenny,
What a sweetie you are to offer such lovely candy for your followers, thank you so much for this generosity.
I hope I don't offend you, I wouldn't do that for the world, but I'm going to be a little negative. Your colour scheme is really pretty and the image is gorgeous, but the card seems a little busy. I'm so sorry, this is only my opinion and we all have different tastes.
I hope you have a wonderful day (after you get over cursing me) Big hugs Linda x

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, what a wonderful gesture in offering lovely candy, someone's going to be thrilled when you reach your goal of 30 and I'm sure it won't be long. Your card is so sweet and well done for trying something different, trouble is with me I am too much of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas but must be braver and try other colours. Good luck with the Pink Gems challenge. Have a lovely day. Crafty hugs Christine H xx

Christine Harrop said...

Morning Jenny, I think we are all starting to think Christmas now. I have a few digi images from Pink Gems, they are so reasonable cost-wise. I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas cards, so good for you in your color scheme etc. Enjoy the rest of your day. Love from Christine xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I love your card, as far as I'm concerned I love all styles of Christmas card, traditional and otherwise...thank you for offering the candy, I am trying to get to 50 followers and then offer some but I'm still gathering it, so no picky as yet! Hugs, Carole Z XX

melanie said...

Thanks for offering candy I may do thet though I have 39 followers ,but don`t regulary put blog up I take the photos but forget to put them on must start doing it more often ,great card I would never have done those colours ,may try .melanie

Patricia said...

Hi Jenny, love your card today, just my kind of thing I am not really into traditional colours
I have started a few Christmas cards, still have bits to add.
Thanks for offering Candy, I might just do that if and when I ever reach 50 followers. By then I might have learnt how to add things other than my photos to my Blog, talk about slow.........!!!!! I could also add stupid.........!!! as far as computers are concerned
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I found you last week and left comments when you first started your Blog, then I put your Blog in Favourites and each day afterwards I clicked on and it was the same page that came up, so thought you hadn't posted anything that day and each day afterwards, then today I decided to go further down the page and found 'Newer Post' so clicked on that and found all the other posts. Very strange, don't know why it didn't take me to the newest post .... Like yourself, I think that computers have their own minds ha ha.

Thank you so much for offering the Blog Candy, you are so kind. Hopefully your list will increase daily.

I like your card today, but for me, it is not seasonal enough, I love everything about the card but the colourways, for me, should be more seasonal, sorry to be negative, but we all have our own little foibles, don't we. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janet said...

Hi Jenny,

This is a gorgeous Christmas card and thank you for joining AGOAC x

Janet x