MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 14 September 2012

WHO PICKED MY YELLOW TULIPS

Hi and good morning to all you craft loving friends and visitors.
Well it's Friday morning and the weekend  is nearly here again.
Where has this week gone.
THANK YOU to all my blog friends and visitors for all your
lovely comments.
Everyone comment means a great deal to me, so if you do
visit my blog please leave me a comment. 
My card today is one I have just finished for my daughter in
law.
I hope you like it.
I was quite pleased with the finished card.

  
Now the side view.



Lastly the inside.







The ingredients for this is.
A4 White card stock made into a 8x8 card.
Matted with lilac card then I embossed the pink card with
That Special Touch Mask an A4 size which doesn't have
the name on the packet.
I used some flower pattern paper which was a freebie from
a craft magazine a few years ago.
My image was a freebie, and you've guessed right the internet.
Coloured in with Promarkers.
I used The Spellbinders Venetian Accents and Motifs for the
flourishes and the corners of the image.
I added some lace, pearls, flowers, and a butterfly from my 
stash.
Finished it all with a sending you sunshine and smiles tag
and a special day tag, both images bought from The Pink Gem
website shop.
Well that's all for today folks.
I hope you like my card today.
Thank you again for all your support and comments.
Have a wonderful Friday.
Try and get some crafting done.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges.
Digi Doodles Shop Anything goes.
The poodles parlour Challenge Here come the girls. 
Bearly Mine Challenge No 52 Anything goes.

15 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I'm having a little catch up again, this first week's holiday has flown by! Love the card, the colours you have chosen really compliment the cute image, crafty hugs, Carole Z X

Christine Harrop said...

A very pretty card which your daughter in law will love. I arely ever do 8x8 except for something special, but it gives much more room, so perhaps I should think again. Enjoy your day Jenny. Christine xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the sweet image and you have coloured her beautifully. All the detailing and papers you have used are so pretty too.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
How sweet is that image, so cute.
Your DIL can only but adore that
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Such a pretty card.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Such a gorgeous card, I love the pinks and purples together, they are my colours. Jenny you pay as much attention to the inside as the front of the card, simply beautiful. Bet your daughter in law absolutely loved it. I find it hard, with close relations birthdays, to 'top' the one I made the year before ha ha. Have a lovely weekend. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Whoohoo Jenny, Just noticed the butterflies, they are stupendous, missed them on the way down, too enthralled in your card and how you had made it. Christine Emberson will love those when she visits. lots of love from Patricia (2) xx

Hope and Chances said...

Lovely card, you are so good to decorate the inside too - I never seem to get around to doing that! I spy pretty butterflies too! xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - this is really beautiful and I love the image you have used. It made me smile because I did that to my Nan's flowers when I was about 5 .... or was that 25??. oops! Especially love the flowers and twirlies. I rarely do the inside of my cards - unless they are boxed that is. Your daughter-i-l is going to adore it.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, doing some catching up as unable to do my rounds yesterday. This is so cute and your colouring of your image is wonderful. Lovely colour combination all round and beautiful little touches to your card. Sherry is going to love it. Crafty love Christine H xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

coldwaters2 said...

What a gorgeous card the design is superb so are the wonderful papers and that image, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week
hugs
lorraine x

~ Barb said...

Hi Jenny, lovely card, I especially like the way you personalized the ticket with her birthdate on it! Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Another lovely card. So creative and so colourful.
Hugs Linda x

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a great card, love the image and your layout, thanks for joining our last challenge at Digi doodle shop, Gaynor xx