MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 16 September 2012

LIME GREEN VENETIAN CARD

Hi and good morning to all my talented blog friends and visitors.
Well it's Sunday morning. 
I hope you all had a really good day yesterday.
THANK YOU for all your wonderful comments.
I really do appreciate everyone.
You are so kind to spare the time to visit me.
My card today is one I finished yesterday.
I got inspired by Sue Wilsons bog a few days ago.
One of her creations set my mind working on my own 
version of hers.
It didn't come out quite as wanted but hey I'm pleased with 
what did turn out.
Here it is.


Now the inside.


The ingredients for this.
A4 White card made into and 8x8 card.
Matted with lime green card stock, and then I used some 
white card stock and cut out my Venetian Mask and the 
Venetian Corners.
I then distressed the whole white card with peeled paint
distress ink using the Venetian Mask as a template for the 
pattern.
I spritzed it with water and mica powder and let it dry.
I then put glitter glue all over it in swirling motions.
I then distressed the mask and corners and glitter glued them.
I love the shade they came out with glitter glue on top of the
peeled paint distress ink.
I put the mask and the corners back into my card.
I added a bow and one of my home made pearly pieces in 
the middle, some flowers and the flourishes from the 
Venetian Motifs.
I hope you like it.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.
 

9 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, you've mad a fabulous job of this. That lime really has a zing to it. And the inside looks just as good. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Love from Christine x

Carole Z said...

Super card Jenny! I love these dies, with being married into a Venetian family, I am going to get a lot of use from them..they've had the seal of approval from Papa Zorzo, so that's good! Have a great Sunday, ciao! Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Love, love, love this card, what a fantastic job you have made, like the Zingy Green.
I think this was the only die I did NOT buy, might have to have a re-think
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour and the dies.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the design and the colour is fabulous.

I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love your card, the colour is fantastic, very fresh and zingy. I tried to double click on the card to see the swirls of glitter glue but it only brought up the top inch of the card, the inside was full size but the front was just the top inch, any ideas ??
I love the venetian dies, I have these but haven't had time to play yet, that's my problem, not enough hours in the day ha ha. I must say the insides of the card are gorgeous, you pay such attention to detail, and the insides are just as beautiful as the front is.
Have a lovely day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, wow what a striking card just love that lime green and your design is beautiful. Like Patricia said you pay so much attention to detail inside and out. Another brilliant card! Have an enjoyable Sunday, love Christine H xx

Rita said...

Morning Jenny, your card is really stunning. I hope you have a lovely day. Hugs Rita xx

Craftyhugs said...

I love that colour. It's very fresh and zingy. The dies are the ones I've wanted for a while as I just love that mask but need to save up for them. Thanks for being my second follower by the way I appreciate it. Have a lovely evening . Hugs . Sharon zxxx