MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 12 September 2012

SOMETHING IN RED AND CREAM

Hello to all my craft loving friends and visitors.
I hope you all had a really good Tuesday, and the weather
was kind to you.
THANK YOU so much for stopping by and leaving such
heart warming comments.
As I have said before I really do appreciate every one.
Well we had a wonderful Teddy Bears Picnic at my club.
Thank you so much for telling me your Teddy Bears names.
I just thought it would be a little fun.
I have a Teddy Bear Poem I found on the internet to share
with you.
              Teddy Bear and Good Friends. 
              by Jon Wimer.
           A Teddy Bear is a furry friend 
           whose love and support never end
           it keeps your secrets, and never lies
           Friendly, Fuzzy, Cosy, Wise.
         
           Tell it your secrets 
           It will keep them well
           you don't have to worry,
           it won't ever tell.

           Whenever you need one
            it will always be there
            the same old Teddy Bear
            with the same old stare
            Ready to listen. Ready to care.

Now to my card today.


The ingredients for this is.
An 8x8 card blank. 
Matted with cream card.
I then used  a pattered piece of card from my stash.
I made the cream lace pattern with Spellbinders Parisian
Accents, and interlocked them together and glued them.
I cut two accents and put them either side of my ribbon.
Made a bow put another accent and button in the middle.
I finished it all off with some flat backed pearls from my
stash, and a topper of poppies.
I hope you like my design, I think it looks Asian.
What do you think.
I hope you all have a wonderful crafty day.
Thank you again for stopping by.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

 
 
 

8 comments:

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, glad you had a lovely time yesterday. Your card today is just stunning. Gorgeous colour scheme and the design is fabulous. Have an enjoyable Wednesday, love Christine H xx

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous Jenny! I love the Parisian accents and motifs and have myself been playing with interlocking them after you did it some time ago. I really must put them all together and make a finished card! The red and cream (which looks orange and gold on my screen) look very rich together. Have a good day.Christine x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, WOW I love this card, the parisian die-cuts interlocked together like that, remind me of mediterranean floor tiles, they look stunning. I love the 2 borders together divided by the ribbon, absolutely gorgeous, and to top it off, my favourite, poppies (I love poppies). A stunning card, Jenny. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

WOW! this wonderful Jenny. I love the way you have created the background with those gorgeous die cut shapes. The colours are beautiful too.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Planetsusie said...

Brilliant Jenny - the Persian dies are gorgeous - some of my favourites (even if I have a lot of favourites lol). The colours underneath the cream die cuts are perfect and I love those little accent pearls in the two colours. A great card Jenny.

Hugs to you Sue P xx

Oksana said...

Lovely card today and such a lovely poem!x

Craftyhugs said...

A gorgeous card honey. Bright and summery. Fan talent you have. All the best. Crafty hugs xxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
It has been lovely to look around and catch up. I have missed visiting all my fave blogs.
The poem you found is so cute and I love your card. The colours are gorgeous and I the linked diecuts are really effective.
Hugs Linda x