MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 14 July 2013

BOOK MARK

Good afternoon dear blog friends and visitors.
I hope you are all having a glorious weekend,
and the weather is being very kind to you.

Thank you for all comments on my last creation.
I very much appreciate everyone that you make.

This afternoon I have a Book Mark that I made
for a challenge entry into a Book Mark Challenge
on a friends blog last year. I realized that it was
before I started my blog so I thought I would
show it on here. Some of you who have also 
followed my friends blog will perhaps recognize 
it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.


I cut out 2 SB Square Swatches out of silver 
card and embossed them with the Enchanted
M- Bossabilities  embossing folder.
Then I glued them together round half of the 
edges.
I then decorated the top with the middle cut
outs of the SB Ornate Cross Die.
This I did by interlacing the pieces together, and glued some of cross edges between. I also made the ornate piece under the button  from the cross pieces too.
I added some pearls and an organza flower
from my stash, and wallah you have a very 
pretty bookmark to give a friend or keep yourself.

Thank you again for your visit.
I hope you all have managed to do some crafting
in this hot spell. I am very lucky as I have a 
overhead fan on my ceiling in the craft room.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

14 comments:

Kim said...

very pretty bookmark - love the die cuts
Kim x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Jenny, love the dies and how you've used them.
Happy crafting, Kate x

Rita said...

Beautiful bookmark Jenny. I'm absolutely bushwhacked to-day as its been so hot and sunny all day. Not that I've seen very much outside the house, I've been preparing the house for my youngest daughter and family coming to stay and we are going through to the east coast to stay in their house. We always watch their house while they are on holiday anyway, but they want to make our house a base and do some island hopping. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous bookmark my lovely fairygodmother. Well haven't done much at all just watch Ollie splashing about in his pool LOL he loves it once he gets in I can't get him out and he takes all his toys in too. It's been really really hot and draining this weather but we daren't complain after last year, hope its like this when our family come up from East Sussex huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, a beautiful design and pretty colours.
hugs Sue xx

Carole Z said...

This is gorgeous Jenny! I remember that last year I made quite a few of these..I kept one and use it a lot, gave a few are presents to book loving friends and sold the rest at a Christmas craft fair! Thank you for making mw think about them again! Carole Z X

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic bookmark Jenny. Love it.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love it !! the die-cuts are really lovely. I have never made one, but I will be giving this a go.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Love your book mark Jenny, would make a great little gift.

Hope it's not to hot for you today, we have a lovely breeze.

Hazel xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, I'm back! I loved this bookmark when I first saw it, and still do! Like Carol, you have brought it back to my mind. I did quite a lot too for little gifts. I might have to think about doing more. Love and hugs Christine xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Dear Jenny, love your elegant and delicate creation! It calls to read a romantic book:)

Christine Hussey said...

A very pretty bookmark Jenny, love it. Love & hugs Christine H xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Jenny,
I was sure I commented on this yesterday.
This computer has a thing about your Blog

Anyway I love what you have done with this beautiful Book Mark.
Needs to be a "nice" book for this wonderful creation. Certainly not a blood thirsty "murder"
Hugs

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Brilliantly designed and love this pretty design.xx