MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 28 November 2016

90th BIRTHDAY CARD AND BOX


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
I do hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.

Are any of you having trouble commenting on my blog as my dear blog friend has mentioned she an't comment on my blog since blogger changed.
If any of you are, please let me know through an email, and I will see if I can do anything about it.
My email address is on the top of my blog where it says contact me.

A couple of weeks ago I said I had to make cards for family well I was asked to make this card, and box by my DIL for her friends Grand Mother.
They call her Nanny Teapot so could I include a teapot and cup and saucer in the card.
Here is what I created, and the payment for the card went to
 Children in Need. 




This is a 8"x8" size card and box I made to fit it.
I started by trying out something with Gilding Polish, and Pixie Powders.
I used Enchanted Gold Gilding Polish on white card, and then I sprinkled Pixie Powders Lava Red, and Rich Gold when it was dry I put it through an embossing folder.
The roses I made out of pink 160 gsm paper with gilding polish on it and put Glamour Dust on them.

Thank you for you visit and your wonderful comments.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

18 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Nanny will absolutely love this card and box. Your gilding polish and pixie powders, then embossing looks fabulous. I'm also loving your china teapot and cup and saucer, lovely for afternoon tea.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Wendy L said...

This is a wonderful design Jenny, gorgeous, xxx

KandA said...

How beautiful Jenny. Such lovely colours and details and I bet she loved it xx

Barb said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jenny and I'm sure the lady loved it. What a lovely way to help Children in Need too. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my goodness Jenny your card is stunning, beautiful colours and design, I'm sure it will be loved, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

This is wonderful and I bet it went down well with the recipient. A brilliant card and box. hugs Mrs A.

Erika said...

No problems commenting here Jenny. A perfect granny card, love the tea pot and cup and saucer. The perfect colour combo too, with a lovely touch of sparkle.

Hugs Erika. x

pam said...

This is gorgeous for a 90th birthday Jenny, lovely image and pretty colours.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Another fabulous creation, stunning colours and really lovely embellishments and not only a card but a gorgeous box too.
Sorry not commented for the past two week but been on holiday. but thanks so much for your comments, much appreciated.

Kath x

Chris said...

It's gorgeous Jenny, perfect for Nanny Teapot! Bet she loves it!!!
Chris
x

Michelle said...

Nanny Teapot will love this - its beautiful with lots of lovely details Jenny. Michelle x

Liz said...

Nanny Teapot - what a great name, and you've made the perfect card for her. I'm sure she was thrilled to receive it. xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Jenny, this is just stunning! I adore pink and I love the amazing shade you used. The teacup set is so lovely and the butterfly embellie at the bottom is a real eye catcher! Sorry I've been so scarce, November has been a bit challenging, catching up now though. sending hugs :)

Sarn said...

Gorgeous box and card set. Your work is wonderful.

Not having any trouble leaving you a comment so far!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the colours well done. I bet the recipient loved it xxx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, sorry I haven't left comments every day on your blog, but have been so busy that time seemed to evaporate before my eyes LOL !! I have looked everyday, and love the cards that you produce, and the gift tags. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Wow! This is an incredible set. A real keepsake for Nanny Teapot.
Bet this took pride of place on the mantelpiece.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

What a beautiful card and bos. A perfect way to celebrate this special birthday.