MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 5 November 2012

SYMPATHY CARD

Good morning to all you wonderful and talented blog friends and 
visitors.
May I say a big welcome to my new member, and thank you for
becoming a follower of my blog.
May I also say a big THANK YOU to all my followers for their
interest in my blog you are all soooooo very kind to include me
into your daily blog hopping.
THANK YOU also for all the wonderful comments you leave.
I love to read everyone, and really do appreciate them all.

My card today is one my daughter asked me to make, and it's
the one we all hate to make a sympathy card.
It is for her friends dad who passed away recently.
I spent many hours yesterday pondering on the design, and I just
wasn't happy about it.
Then I walked away and watched some TV as you do, came back
and it fell into place, and I was much happier with the result.
Interesting to see what you think.

Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.

Now the inside.


This was a 6x6 card size.
I had to make it quite flat to go in the post.
I used centura snow white pearl card and then I matted some
lovely pearly patterned papers on top.
I cut out 3 Parisian Motifs out of some lovely starstream aqua
pearl card, then I cut 16 Parisian Corners.
I added one to each corner inside and out, and then I added one
to the north south east and west of the front motif.
This gave it that lovely diamond shape.
A flower in the center and some pearls.
There you have the finished card, I hope you like it.

Thank you again for your visit.
Have a wonderful crafty Monday.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

13 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Card perfect for the occasion, subtle and to the point.
Hate making these, it`s life, it happens.
Gave a Great Day

Patricia x

melanie said...

what ideal card for the occasion ,I know how hard they are to make
as I have done a few this year ,have a great day .melanie

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, great card for the occasion, they are so difficult to get right, but you hit the right button here.

Wilma x x

Christine Harrop said...

Nobody likes to make these but a beautiful card Jenny. And I just love that gorgeous aqua card! So delicate! Where did you get it from, if I may ask? Have a good day. Christine xx

Caroline said...

Good morning Jenny what a beautiful card you have done a fabulous job nobody likes doing these sort of card's. Love the colour. Caroline xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, A beautiful card, created for a sad occasion, love the colours, so subtle and pretty.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is just perfect for the occasion Jenny, I find these sad cards so difficult to make too.

Hugs Sue

Crafty Lark said...

A beautiful gentle card and just perfect for the occasion. xx Flora

Teresa said...

Perfect for the sad occasion and a very beautiful card Jenny.
Teresa xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Jenny, your card to-day is beautiful and sadly its something we have to make every now and again. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Card is lovely Jenny and sadly we have to make these cards hope your having a great monday huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carole Z said...

Lovely card Jenny and perfect for an occasion that is so hard to make cards for, Carole ZX

Unknown said...

This card is truly beautiful. I am sure it will be warmly received. I also don't like making sympathy cards.
Sue x