MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 23 November 2012

50th BIRTHDAY CARD

Good morning to all of my talented followers and visitors.
If you are a visitor please leave a comment on my work so I 
know you have visited me. 
THANK YOU for all your wonderful comments. 
I know I keep saying this but it means such a lot to me to have
your comments on my work.

I hope the weather hasn't caused any of you too much trouble
yesterday, lets hope it improves today fingers crossed.

I spent most of the day yesterday baking I've made my 
Christmas cake at long last, and some cakes for hubby.
He said to me you don't bake me any cakes and then today 
you have made 4.
So I replied well my baking is like a bus first there is no bus,
and then three all come along at the same time. lol.
In any rate that's enough of my waffling, and here is my 
card today.
This card is a raffle prize I put in the Mcmillan Nurses coffee
morning a while back. The lady in question didn't need it till
December.
I hope you like it.

Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.
 Now the inside.


This is an 8x8 card.
Matted with a dark apricot colour card and the some beige
pearl card.
The paper I cut the Grand Decorative Circle and the corners
with is from the Desert Blooms Pad of papers.
I added a sentiment, some flowers, and an embroidered lace
from my stash.
Thank you again for you visit.
I hope you all have wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

16 comments:

Caroline said...

Jenny this is gorgeous I love the design and the colours are beautiful, she will love it. Caroline xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, I adore the papers you have used, lovely design and layout. I am sure the recipient ill love it.

Wilma x x

Hazel said...


Jenny. What a great thing to give as a raffle prize. ( a hand made card made to what you want ) the lady that won it now can give her daughter a card especially designed for her. It's a beautiful card yet again. Hazel

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. Such a wonderful design and the colours are so beautiful

Hugs Sue

Christine Harrop said...

This is great Jenny, and what a nice prize!!! Whoever receives this will be over the moon. I am continuously baking because John has dietary problems which mean I can't buy cakes biscuits etc. Good job I'm now retired LOL! Have a good day. Christine xx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Beautiful card as usual...........SNAP!!! we are both on the 50th Birthday cards.
I love your banner .............. you really do not need a Die to do that and the result is very effective.
Happy Crafting

Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, What a fantastic idea for the Macmillan Nurse's appeal, truly inspiring. The person who won the handmade card will be over the moon with this card for her Daughter, truly beautiful.
I made my Christmas Cake about 6 weeks ago, but I have to keep remembering every weekend to 'feed' it ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x

Crafty Lark said...

Good <orning Jenny, this card is totally gorgeous, I love the whole design. xx Flora

Rita said...

Another really gorgeous card Jenny. I bet the lady was thrilled to win it too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jenny what a beautiful beautiful card...love the colors and 4 cakes...my..you have been busy!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jeny!! and must be the week for christmas cakes I made 2 myself too lol hugsss xx

melanie said...

Stunning card love the colours .Melanie

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful what a stunning card .Hugs Elaine

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, sorry for visiting so late today...this is gorgeous. I love the layout and the colours you have used. The prize winner definitely won the best prize in the raffle! Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

Gorgeous Jenny - such lovely colours and I love the dies and the flowers you have used. That paper is absolutely lush! A brilliant creation.

Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx