MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

MY ATTEMPT AT PATRICIA'S BAG

Good morning to all you wonderful talented people and visitors.
I hope you all had a fabulous Tuesday, and the weather was kind
to you.
I feel very lucky that you choose to visit my humble neck of
bloggland  and leave such wonderful comments, when there is
such a wealth of talent else where.

My post today is my attempt at Patricia's bag.
I thought I would make a Christmas one.

Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.

This was made out of A4 card as I didn't have 12x12 card
I used Spellbinders Label One Die to cut out the bag.
If you would like to learn how to make this go to. 
http://www.patricia-summerhousecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/how-to-make-gift-bag.html 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny. I just love these bags, ave made a few for friends and have some Christmas ones to get ready. Your bag is gorgeous, love the snowmen and that holly is beautiful.

Wilma x x

Caroline said...

I love this bag Jenny love the snowmen and the design is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Hazel said...


Good morning Jenny, I can see you sitting at the top of the class along with Wilma and Christine when Patricia see your bag it's beautiful and your Christmas take on it is great, they are those little bags that you can make for all seasons. Just think of Easter little bunnies on them where you have your snowmen and holly. Hazel

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Yep! Hazel is right 10 out of 10 join Wilma and Christine at the top of the class.
Your bag is fantastic, love it in the Christmas theme.
Beautiful, who ever gets that will be thrilled.
Thank you so much for putting the link on your Blog.
I have quite a lot of comments on that bag but would you believe that I have something like 130 hits on that particular post/tutorial

I use the 12 x 12 only to be able to use the waste for all the "Roses"
I sold 4 of these yesterday when I did my talk. I actually think I could have sold more.
Have a Fantastic Day

Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the paper you have used and those gorgeous holly leaves

hugs Sue

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, WOW you did a brilliant job using Patricia's tutorial, love the christmas paper and the snowmen and holly, fantastic.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rita said...

Well Done Jenny. Your bag is beautiful and I bet the receiver thinks so too. I have one all cut ,but still to put it to-gether. Maybe I'll find time this week. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Planetsusie said...

Great little bag Jenny - wonder what would be in there??? Naturally it would be something scrummy. They are such a good idea and so inexpensive to do as well so a few choccy buttons would be a good idea!

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is awesome sweetie x

Craftyhugs said...

What a beautiful christmas bag! youve done a grand job in making this. A great idea to put a little gift in there. Fab creation! hugs xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, not sure what happened but I added my comment early this morning before I set off to do my Christmas shopping - but it appears to have disappeared! LOL! Great bag and I just love the tartan cardstock! Christine xx

Sue said...

Wow love this bag Jenny ideal for christmas xxxxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, Love these bags and make them quite a lot for presents..love the tartan! Carole Z X

melanie said...

What a stunning xmas bag you must go to the top of the class with the other`s .melanie