MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 10 November 2012

NATIVITY CARD FOR MY DAD

Good morning to all you wonderful and talented people and 
visitors. 
I am so glad you like my work and decide to visit me each day.
I really enjoy being part of our lovely crafting community.
There is soooooo much talent out there I feel very honoured 
to be part of it.
THANK YOU soooo much for each and every comment that
you make on my work too.

My Dad is a religious person so when I saw this freebie image
on the internet, I thought it would make a great Christmas card
for him.
I hope you like it.

Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.

Now the inside.


This is my usual fav size card 8x8.
Matted with white card and distressed with Faded Jeans distress
ink as I didn't have the right colour card, I also used some 
Christmas patterned card stock I bought yesterday.
I added a sticky ribbon to the top and bottom from my stash.
I cut a Grand Decorative Circle and a Grand Scolloped Oval
round the image.
As I said the image was free off the internet and coloured in
with Promarkers.
The sentiment was from Pink Gems and the Dad was from
the freebie in the Hunkydory Magazine.

Thank you again for visiting my blog.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend starting with today.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, bet your dad will love this card,so beautiful. You have coloured the image wonderfully well.

Wilma x x

Christine Harrop said...

Beautiful image Jenny. Must search it out. Your dad is going to love it. Have a good weekend. Christine x

Caroline said...

Hi Jenny your dad will love this card. The image is coloured beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
That is a stunning image,wonderfully coloured, making a beautiful card.
Your dad will love it.

Patricia xx

Hazel said...



Good morning Jenny, Your dad will love this card and more so because
You made it for him. Have a good day. Hazel

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, your dad will love this - super colouring! Carole Z X

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, I love the image and you have coloured it so beautifully

I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Rita said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny. Made all the more precious because it was created by you for your Dad. I love it. Hugs Rita xx

melanie said...

What a beautiful card your colouring is fantastic muat try to get back colouring .Mlenaie

Sue said...

What a lovely card Jenny your Dad will love it ..huggles hun xxxxxxxxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Evening Jenny, Your card today is beautiful, I am religious and this would be gratefully received by me, I love the image, it is just like a Church Stained Glass Window, absolutely stunning and beautifully coloured by you.
I have spent most of today selling at my Church's Christmas Fayre and yesterday afternoon/evening setting up, it was a brilliant day, lots of hard work for everyone involved, but well worth all the effort. I just want to get a bath and watch tv now ha ha !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Teresa said...

Hello Jenny,
Beautiful Nativity card, I bet your Dad will love it, it's beautifully made inside and out.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Teresa x

Unknown said...

Hello Jenny, my first visit to your blog and a beautiful nativity card to see, I am sure your dad will love it. I make lots of different types of Christmas cards to give to my grandchildren to send, but I only send nativity cards.
Carol. x

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Jenny! This is a stunning card and I love how you've done the stained glass effect on the image. Your dad will love this plus it has meaning too which makes all the difference. Hugs xx