MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 8 July 2015

GRANDDAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving firends,
and any visitors who may just find my blog.
Thank you for your visit, and the wonderful comments that you make.
I am so pleased you take the time to make all
your wonderful comments.

Well July is a busy month for me as I have lots 
of family Birthdays, and Anniversaries, and also
a very good blog friends Birthday too.
I am also expecting a new Great Grandchild,
and she is due on my other Great Granddaughter's
Birthday, and also my Grandson's Birthday.

So I decided to visit the Pink Gem Website again,
as the Granddaughter who has the Birthday is
also the one about to have the Baby.
So in that vein I thought this card would remind
her of the days when she could wear these shoes.




This is a 6"x6" size easel card.
The silver card is Dovecraft from the 
suppermarket, and bargain at £1-99 for 10
cards and envelopes.
The card design is a digi download for the 
Pink Gem Website, and a bargain also at
£1-25.
The backing gingham paper is also a digi
download from the Pin Gem Website too.
Now I made mistake, and should have put the
black backing card on the base of the easel too.
Did my usual tweaks on the butterflies.
The flowers and leaves are from a Cheery
Lynn Designs C184, and cut out of the 
gingham,and spotty paper.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

23 comments:

Liz said...

What a wonderful card, Jenny! I love the design. I don't think you made a mistake at all. The black backing card makes the main image really 'pop' - your card looks great just as it is. :-) xx

Patricia said...

Jenny, your card is brilliant.
You say you have made a mistake,, well don't see it.
Have a great day
Patricia x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty card and gorgeous colour too. Best wishes for the new arrival!
Lorraine

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a busy and exciting time coming up Jenny and that is one beautiful card, I am really enjoying seeing these pink gem creations xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, what a wonderful and busy July! Love your new card!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Jenny!! Congrats on the expected grandchild, this card is great for an expecting mother. Love the idea of the shoes and all the pink is just so pretty! Love it! hugs :)

Irene said...

What a brilliant, gorgeous birthday card for your Grand daughter, I love the design and colours.

luv
irene
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, fabulous card, the shoe image is brilliant and a wonderful easle design too, you Granddaughter is bound to love it, hugs Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT CARD love it Jenny.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart Jenny.
Leuk met de schoen
Groetjes Gerriexx

Carole Z said...

Fabulous card Jennie, love the papers and colours and super easel designhugs Carole Z X

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, a great card, love your pink shoe, a perfect girlie card.

Hugs Erika. x

Jacee said...

Great card Jenny, she's going to love this! sounds like you have your work cut out for you this month with all those birthdays to make cards for, it'll keep you out of mischief! LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Hazel said...

Jenny, at this rate you will be making a card every week. Your card is very girlie and yes she won't be wearing shoes like these for a while. Are you going to make a " Nappy Cake" for this new little one? Hazel x

Jean said...

What a super card design Jenny, I love the pink gingham shoes and the butterflies are so pretty.
Sounds like you have a very busy month ahead. Good luck.
Jean x

MaryH said...

Congratulations on your increasing family! How exciting to have this big event happening on some of your other grands' birthdays. Awesome present, I'd say. Lovely card with the pair of lavender heels. Liked the way you have the 2nd shoe shadowing in the background too. Great color choice for a young lady and love the shape of the card. Great embellies and just delightful. What a happy treat for someone in the last throes of being so uncomfortable prior to imminent delivery. You're a terrific Grandma! TFS & Hugs

Michelle said...

Stunning creation again Jenny. Such nice news that you are expecting a great grand child - big congratulations - hugs - Michelle x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is a stunning card for your Granddaughter, and great news about the imminent new arrival.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Stunning card for your granddaughter & congrats on the baby news.

Michele

Kathleen said...

What a stunning creation, love it and it would have been perfect for my Daughters card as she still wears shoes like that. Love spotty and strip papers.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. I have never been able to wear shoes like this, though would have loved to have.
Hugs
xx

pam said...

Stunning card for Granddaughter Jenny, love the shoe image and details..gorgeous papers and colors.
Hugs Pam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous Jenny, your Granddaughter will love it!!
Kevin xx